Monday, January 24, 2011

An Introduction

I've held off on making just a standard blog blog for a good while since I've generally thought they were trite, people simply believing their thoughts had enough value to impress them on the world. Until now, I've never really stopped to consider why people blog beyond that. I've attempted to make specific blogs before, such as a music and worship blog, only to post twice and forget about it. I kept blogs on Myspace when it was relevant for the above reason, thinking my thoughts were important enough to share with everyone I knew. Now, I'm of the mindset that thoughts are important to the person having them and oftentimes others. This won't always be the case, of course, but more often than my cynical nature will allow, it is. Shared experiences are part of what makes life great. We get together around a dinner table and share stories of past fun times had, past loves, past heartaches, why not do it here, unbound by the time of the waiter refilling your sweet tea.

I may or may not keep this blog up. Now that I'm not bound to say anything specific I may be better at it. I will talk a lot about music, art, photography, friends, work, love, Jesus, church and whatever else is on my mind. Though I'm planning on being an English major, my grammar is rarely perfect and sometimes downright bad. I'm a creative writer, so I get a pass on that. Also, I love commas.

At risk of sounding post-modern, everyone sees things differently. What's true to them may not be to another. Where I differ from post-modern thought is that there is overarching truth in the world that does not change, regardless of the viewer. How we are affected by it is what changes. This blog is going to be about my take on things. The posts here, like my thoughts, will be disjointed. Some days a proper blog, some days a poem, some days just a picture. Half the reason I'm doing this is so I can make some sense of my thoughts myself.

Love,
Colton

P.S. On a side-note, I'm overall a very happy, optimistic person with cynical tendencies set in me from birth. I've chosen to fight my cynical side as much as I can, but I won't always win. I would like you, as the reader, to know that I try to be as happy and optimistic as possible, but I'm also human. Not that I have to justify anything to you, but I just wanted to clarify.

P.P.S Also, the other half of the reason I started this blog is because I wanted to be cool like Haylee.

2 comments:

  1. I had planned on just writing "...Copycat." But since you've cited me, I have to appreciate and approve.

    ReplyDelete