Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rainy Day Blog on the Totality of Christ

I wish it were easier to understand the things that are hard to understand. It's obviously going to be hard to grasp something I don't want to be true, but unfortunately my desire for it to not be true has little to no bearing on how true it is. Hey, that sounds very un-post-modern! Okay, enough ragging on post-modernism for now. I have two friends who actually get my jokes on it and neither have read this blog. Wouldn't want to sound pretentious or anything. :) 

Rather than doing the typical rainy day blog type thing and prattling on about how frustrated I am, I will defeat that attitude by focusing on the totality of Jesus Christ and how nothing freaking matters but Him.

1"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

AND...

8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8

People suck, we all (read as: I) fall short of the glory of God, but that's quite alright since we (read as: I) have an advocate Jesus who seems to be quite fond of us (read as: me). I've ended up talking about God a lot more than I intended to in the blog, which isn't a bad thing at all, I don't think.

Love,
Colton

P.S. I didn't say much in this blog because I did not intend to. I said all that needs to be said; the above statement about the totality of Christ is all-encompassing and nothing more ought to be said. Kick your personal problems in the balls because Jesus Christ, the son of the one true God, freaking loves you and is taking care of you. Nothing more needs to be said, we (read as: I) just need to realize His love for us and the power he has.

P.P.S. On a side note, for clarity's sake, today's emotion is fervor.

P.P.P.S. I've edited this dang blog five times now, forgetting to say or clarify things and making spelling errors. I'm leaving it be now.

No comments:

Post a Comment